As you may have read I recently found a myriad of tags for bloggers. This inspired me to do today’s post – WorkDesk Wednesday. These are simple little posts about what everyone’s WorkDesk Looks like. Since I have two Workdesks, I took a picture of them each and then each one individually.
My Computer Area. Notes, To do’s, Of course, my nail Care to do while I watch Webinars, and on the Monitor getting REady to put a Fashion Calender together via MPix.com
This is my other WorkDesk. My Sewing Workdesk. This is where I sew, create Fascinaotrs, etc. I currently have the machines uncovered because I will be working on some Aprons today as well as the Kerchiefs that need top stitched, and the papers are to check for my upcoming events.
This one is my Material Workstation or Cutting Station. Not much on it yet cuz most items are cut. But I might have to Iron a few pieces as I sew today
This is my Main WorkStation. All my STAMPS, BAGS, Recipets, go here usually. I have been working on Wedding Planning and Business Planning so much lately my two books, Binders and notes are all in the front.
This is both of them together. I actually flip back and forth between them so I don’t get stressed at the computer
Well, that is it for #WorkDeskWesday.
Comment below with your blog or pictures of what YOUR WorkDesk looks like today!!
Until Next Time,
If you follow my other Blog As Days Go By you know I generally write my Wishcasting over there. But I wanted to do something different today and try it out over here. As well Today’s question goes hand in hand with Fashion and you will see why:
I wish to learn MORE about Fashion Essentials.
- I love learning
- I do know how to sew, but I am self taught with some basics in quilting and what my Grandma Hunter taught me (which was brief)
- I have always been a Fashionista, but styling and designing are two separate things.
- As I am an artist I did Fashion Illustrations for years fearing taking the leap into fashion.
- When I did try to launch things two years ago the timing was not right and I tucked my tail between my legs and ran off whimpering saying “Oh I can’t have a Fashion business because some Entrepreneurial Company that helps start ups told me so“. I don’t know what I was thinking. I rarely listen to the static so why did I listen then? Who knows, but I am listening now.
- I wanted to get back into modeling for years but felt stifled by the person I was with and their insecurities about me and about the industry. With me leaping back into modeling , it helped me look at my life and leap back into Fashion. I am EXTREMELY happy I did!!
- I now have a few people that work with me, Interns, Independent Contractor Seamstresses, and more.
- Though all of this is GREAT and WONDERFUL I have been realizing, I am missing something.
- All my Fashion Design skills and sewing skills, Analysis, Design, Buying, Merchandising etc are all self taught with maybe one or two jobs in the Fashion Industry.
- What will it take for me to REALLY be GREAT???
- I have investigated what it will take for me to go back to school.
- I have Design training but it is an overall Design Degree as well as my Liberal Arts Degree. These are great but I think I would highly benefit from learning more about some Fashion Essentials.
- I have looked at my options and the best best seems to be the local Community College here called DMACC, Des Moines Area Community College with courses in Fashion for a Fashion Degree or Certification https://go.dmacc.edu/pibs/documents/FSHNDSGN.PDF
- In the meantime I am reading up on books and classes I find online. Still learning and more self taught but at least I am able to GLEAN and LEARN this way and I feel lucky because I know many who cannot. Free Fashion Courses Online
So in essence what I wish to know more about is what I wish to create…Fashion…
What do you wish to learn? Say hi here on the blog below and while you are at it, come on down and check me out in my many places that have led me to here…
For more fashion tips, tricks and ideas see our FB page at:
Until next time,
I hate those three day weekends. It always messes me up. I didn’t remember it was Wear it Wednesday until the wee hours of this morning.
So here is what I put together for MY Wear It Wednesday. What about you?
Some girly GIR Bowties for Bowtie Wednesday for my pal Danny Beyer Wear it Wednesday
Go check out Danny’s FB page
Rockin Corky boots, GIR bowties, gray leggings, white socks otk, grey skirt, casting crowns top, vs pink undertop.comfy cute day two!
What are YOU waring for Wear it Wednesday?
MY friend Danny Beyer has inspired me the last couple of Wednesday to try to incorporate a Bowtie into my Wednesdays for Bowtie Wednesdays. Do you have a weekly wear it tradition even if it is not on Wednesdays? do tell?
I am going to start a new series call it Wear It Wednesday.
I want to hear from YOU on this day. EACH Wednesday I want to hear from you about these things:
- What are you wearing?
- What clothes, what shoes, what jewels, what accessories?
- Where did you get them? A fancy store? Walmart? Target? Icing?
- Share weather it is a Special Day or what you normally wear every day?
- Share anything else about the outfit you choose to share with us?
- OR share with us a SPECIAL outfit you remember wearing!
Share with PHOTOS on our SensaFashion Facebook Page EACH Wednesday! Remember to Tag yourself and then share with friends as well!
Click here to go to our Facebook Page and START SHARING what are you wearing for Wear It Wednesday?