So, this weeks challenge was to clean the bathroom and a guest room(the one where you throw all your clutter)
First things first, you really need to sign up for the flylady emails. Daily tips and tricks are going to fly your way. I only took the time to read the emails written by Kelly. Those from her viewers are about how well the program and products she offers (the purple rags and drain clogger are sure to be mine soon) work may be more beneficial as I continue to work the program. However, my focus is just to do what I can and try not to whine. Flylady says that saying, “I don’t have the time,” is the same as whining and we must get rid of this “stink in’ thinkin'” So, I take the time to read the “flight plan” emails.
On Mondays, FlyLady offers a weekly plan;
I couldn’t do all of her flight plan tips, but I tried a few. But, I do have clutter.
1. I took 15 minutes and through away product, cleaning supplies and empty bottles. I was amazed that I filled a garbage sack. So heavy the man had to take it out!
2. Then, I was inspired to reorganize. My boyfriend said, “Everything is put away and not on the counters, but I can find it.” That made me smile.
3. I then cleaned all the back spots of my tub, sink and toilet. Not in the same day and I did it in 15 minute increments. I mean who doesn’t have 15 minutes?
Impressively, It has stayed fairly clean. 🙂
So, the guest room. In my house, we call it the dog room. It is the room where we throw everything. The man keeps his clothes there and dirty stuff and junk piles up. I’m sorry it is the room I keep the door closed on for a reason. I wasn’t willing to take pictures during the process, but in 15 minute increments I did get it clean!
1. I went in and picked up the garbage.
2. I picked up anything that should have a home in another place in the house. Yes, including the laundry. I even washed several loads of his clothes! (I think the boy might like my new Flylady trial!)
3. I wiped furniture down, swept and made the bed. All in just 15 minute increments throughout the week.
With little tricks and trips throughout the week I was able to make a big difference.
And look I added a hamper to room to help us maintain organization!
My cousin asked to come stay this weekend and I didn’t have to turn him down, because I was embarrassed of the space. But as you can see, he will have to share the dog room!
For next week I am going to try to maintain a morning and evening routine. There are a few things I can’t complete such as making the bed every morning or unloading the dishwasher as my man sleeps much later than I do. He might be agitated if I make the bed with him in it! But I think a routine will benefit me.
Fly on ladies and have a great week!