Recipe – Lazy Oreo Cupcakes
- 1 boxed white cake (the dollar variety)
- As many Oreos as you would like
- Frosting (made from the instructions on the back of a powdered sugar box OR bought)
All throughout High School my friends knew if they asked for something baked (knowing them it was usually cupcakes) they would receive it. It was because of this that I thought about becoming a baker, but that’s a story for another day. One day one of them wanted me to give her an easy recipe for Oreo cupcakes, and since I knew her well I knew I had to go as simple as possible.
- Prepare your white box cake recipe as directed adding in a bit more water and milk (about 1/4th a cup *LIQUID* measuring cup is my rule of thumb combined NOT each. Each makes it too runny).
- Crush your Oreos to your desired amount. I go for about 10-15 depending on if I’m trying to stretch the batter for two or three extra people.
- Mix into batter as you pour into LINED cupcake pan(s) until each cup is a tad over ½ full but not 3/4ths.
- Bake as for about 10 minutes and then check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean (not sticky and gooey), then they are done. If not place back in over for 2 more minutes checking again with a toothpick.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes in freezer (or longer if open air) then remove from pan.
Voila! You have Oreo cupcakes.
I have heard people say that you can buy them in a box without all the extra work. I will still always go this way. I can control how many cookies go in, and since I bought the Oreos I can place whole ones on top as decorations, or just eat them later.
*****You can substitute the Oreos for those awesome dollar store cookies or any cookie that meets your fancy.