During recent events in my home a guest was, how do you, quite odoriferous. Being a lady I didn’t want to be mean or rude and just come right out and blurt to her : YOU STINK but how does one go about mentioning the unmentionables to people?
When I am at a loss for what to do or for some sage advice I turn to my handy dandy little guidebook…
So here are some tips if you have to tell your pal…Peeeeyewww…
(Disclaimer that I find the majority of the items from this book humorous not real…)
- Make an occasional comment like “What is that curious scent”
- Open a window near her
- Leave deodorant in the ladies room or at her desk or room
- Buy strongly scented flowers and give them to her/him
- Offer occasional spritz of air freshener in her direction and ask if she likes the fragrance
- Introduce a policy that stipulates clean clothes and individual responsibility for personal hygiene
- Ping her email anonymously letting her know
- Or see what you are made of and tell her straight up, but please tell her in private, don’t make a scene and try as you can to BE KIND as you can because there could be other mental, emotional or medical reasons why they are having those issues
- But if you have no luck, she’s a bitch to you, or tells you where to stick it…if fighting back is your savor, leave her a bag of sardines. Or you could hose her down with the fire extinguisher … if all else fails you will feel better
As I said in the disclaimer, I do find most of these funny and humorous but there were SOME decent tips.
If you have anything further that you want to add I would love to hear your comments or suggestions.
Until Next Time,
XOXO Trisha Trixie