- Click Create a Page from the More section at the bottom right of your homepage
- Choose a Page category
- Choose a subcategory and enter the required information
- Check the box next to I agree to Facebook Pages Terms and click Get Started
What most of the times happens is that then you have your company as work experience in your personal profile on Facebook, without creating an actual business page.
This is when Facebook automatically creates a page.
Go to the about section on your Facebook personal profile
1. Go to your Personal Profile by clicking on your name on the right side in the menu.
2. Go to the about section – click on About.
The incorrect empty page
This is usually how the incorrect business page is listed on your personal profile. When you click it some other people may even have ‘Liked’ it, but you can not edit this page.
Remove the empty page
Remove this empty Facebook page with your business name.
Add the correct page
3. Now start typing the name of your business page.
4. Select the correct Facebook page from the drop-down list.
Complete your company details
5. Complete the details for your company:
- Year and month when you started this business
When you have multiple business or jobs listed here, remember that these are ordered on the date you started the business or job.
6. You are done(Why I share these things with you….I used to be a Web and Social Media Strategiest as well as a Serial Entrepreneur for over 12 years. I helped others to make web pages, connect, join and fuse their Social Media to their sites and help them get connected, get the right interns or help or whatever their online needs were online. Former business Trisha Trixie and Company, Social Fusion, Transcendental Web Services and Webit Inc)