Seven Layer Taco Dip
This week we are talking about all things outdoors. When you are going to a picnic you need to have a quick, fun dish to bring along. This is my handy dandy suggestion.
Well, Trisha Trixie Designs are not just for the kitchen. I’d like to recommend a few of her aprons that look like dresses. Throw these over the top of your capris and see the smiles that will ensue.
- 1 Package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can of refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese.
- 1 (16 ounce) container of sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa
- 1 large tomato, chop it into small cube shapes
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small head of lettuce shredded.
- 1 (6 ounce) can of sliced black olives (Be sure to drain them)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix the refried beans and taco seasoning meat. Take this mixture and put it on the bottom of your pan (I use one that is 9 x 9 but this is up to you)
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese into a medium bowl. Spread over your refried beans.
- Add a layer of salsa to the pan.
- Add a layer of tomatoes to the pan.
- Add a layer of green peppers to the pan
- Add a layer of lettuce to the pan.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and black olives.
- Put in the refrigerator and cover for 30 minutes or longer.
- Serve with chips
Tip: I have made these in individual serving cups for special occasions. This lets everyone have a little cup to enjoy their dip from.