This is one of our favorite dishes around here. It takes some time to cook, but is well worth the wait.
All availabe Through Trisha Trixie Designs. Check out our new etsy page!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 4 green peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (we prefer sicilian blend bread dipping seasoning found at local grocery stores or online)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the rice as directed by the package
- Brown the hamburger in a pan.
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers and remove the seeds. Rinse well.
- On a baking dish, lay a piece of foil. Lay peppers bottom down. If they will not stand upright, cut the very bottom edges off.
- In a bowl mix; hamberger, cooked rice, 1 can of tomato sauce, Worcestershire sause, garlic powder, onion poweder and salt and pepper.
- Spoon an equal amount of this mixture into the green peppers.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the remaining tomato sauce and Italian Seasoning in the bowl.
- Pour about three tablespoons of this mixture over the stuffed peppers. You will have some mixture left for basting.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes until the peppers are tender.