Nautical Bottle Top Shoes DIY
This project was super fun and easy and I ended up with a delightful pair of new shoes! I picked a nautical theme, but any idea will do ya!
We are going to be working with Modge Podge, so we have to dress for this project!
The Turqueza Polka-dot half apron by TrishaTrixie Designs reminds me of the ocean on a summer evening, don’t you think?
Of course, if you can feel the ocean breeze you might desire a Turquza paisley by TrishaTrixie Designs to tie your ensemble together.
The Titanic travel will add a hint of nautical wonder to your look. TrishaTrixie Designs has many other nautical jewelry available at their shop!
Shoes you say? We will have that covered in a bit.
- Two bottle tops (I purchased a bag from the craft store as they lay flat on the shoes)
- Modge Podge
- 1 inch circle cutter (or you can create your own pattern)
- Glue gun and hot glue
- Images to put in the bottle tops
- A pair of shoes to dazzle up.
Steps to create a Nautical shoe sensation
- Find images online and copy them into a word document. Make them small enough that you will be able to create a 1 inch circle from the image.
2. Use a circle cutter or create a 1 inch circle pattern and cut out your images.
3. Use the mod podge to lightly secure the images into the bottle caps.
4. Take the Mod Podge and fill in the top of the bottle cap
5. Wait three hours for the Mod Podge to dry.
6. Hot glue your bottle caps on the shoes (These shoes I purchased at Target for $5.95. You can buy flats for a steal and glam them up!)
7. Wear them with pride! You made your own flare.