We all have busy weeks and so this Sunday I’m going to share a dish that aims to please that will be finished cooking in no time.
Prawn/Shrimp Nautical Delight
Yes, I did say that this meal was simple. However, darling I want you to look fabulous preparing it. This week we are interested in throwing out the cold and bringing in the summer sights, sounds and smells. So, for this we have a nautical suggestion to add flare to your nautical dish!
(The Flower Red Bow Baby Half Apron by TrishaTrixie Designs is a sailing delight!)
(These cute little flats were designed to sail away with you! They can be designed especially for you by TrishaTrixie Designs)
(This is a jewelry line that I just can not get enough of. The Hanson Family takes great care in creating detailed, unique pieces. Won’t this just tie your ensemble together?)
Now that you are beautiful and ready for your nautical adventure, lets get to the kitchen!
- 18 to 20 peeled and ready to cook prawns or shrimp
- 2 teaspoons of old bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (I prefer garlic olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 of lemon to squeeze
- Fresh veggies (I prepared 1 red pepper, half of a cauliflower, and 2 sliced carrots)
- 2 teaspoons of butter/margarine or the like
- 2 gallon sized zip lock bags
- Already prepared (unless you have the time to cook) small Italian loves
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut up all of your veggies.
- Put the oil and old bay seasonings in a zip lock bag.
- Turn your grill on high and begin preheating.
- Begin to steam your vegetables.
- Put your bread in the oven and let bake 5 to 8 minutes (until browned and warm)
- Put your shrimp/prawns in with the oil and seasoning and seal up the bag.
- Vigorously shake the shrimp/prawns being sure to over the shrimp.
- Put the shrimp/prawns on the grill for about 4 minutes. Flipping over once at about 2 minutes. They do cook quickly!
- In the second zip lock bag, put in butter and squeeze in lemon juice.
- Put steamed veggies in with the butter and lemon juice and seal up the bag.
- Shake up the veggies, until they are coated with butter and lemon.
- Place everything on a place and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! Dunking your bread in the sauces of the veggies and shrimp is divine.