Pasta Ala Tarragon with Scallops and Parmesan Bread
What should one wear to prepare such a fancy dish?
Well, this calls for a fancy affair. One of Trisha Trixie designed dress apron would be so fitting. There are a ton to view in her store. However, I have chosen the brown tiger stretch.
Of course you will need a darling shoe to match. The Spectator pump found at pinupgirlclothing.com really will add some sexy to your style.
To top this outfit off our famous Trisha Trixie has designed a beautiful set called The Key to my Heart featuring a beautiful cameo.
Now that you are ready to bake here are the ingredients!
- One stick of butter
- Three minced gloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning (The basil took on too much flavor and I would avoid adding this)
- 1 roll of refrigerated Pillsbury grand rolls. (I think I will try an refrigerated Italian bread next time, as this was far too sweet for an Italian meal)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Pasta ala Tarragon with Scallops for 2
- 1/2 box of Penne Pasa
- 10 or so Bay Scallops
- 1 12 oz jar of sweet roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of basil (fold basil and slice thin)
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you are making the bread, begin with the bread.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating put the stick of butter in your bunt pan and put the pan in the oven. This will melt the butter.
2. Cut your grand biscuits into quarters.
3. In a bowl mix your garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
4. Toss your biscuit quarters into the bowl.
5. Take out your bunt pan and place the quarters evenly throughout the pan.
6. Cook for 24 to 26 minutes
7. Flip the bunt pan onto a serving tray, so the butter side is up!
While the bread is cooking begin to make your Pasta!
1. Fill about half way a 6 qt pot with water. Cooke the penne as directed by the packaging.
2. While waiting for the water to boil begin to prepare the other ingredients.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine white wine, wine vinegar, basil and red peppers.
4. Cook down to about a tablespoon of liquid.
5. stir in the heavy cream and let boil down until reduced by half.
6. While you are waiting for your sauce to reduce, prepare your scallops.
7. In a skillet, add 1/2 cup of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil. Bring to high heat letting the butter melt.
8. Add the scallops to the skillet salt and pepper for desired taste.
9. Check the bottom of the scallops every few minutes. You are waiting for the bottom to have a caramel coloring. Flip them when this coloring appears.
10. Do the same process to the other side of the scallops.
11. Combine the scallops and butter from the skillet into your sauce. Add the remaining 1/4 butter and let the butter melt down.
12. Place the scallops and sauce over your penne pasta.
13. Dinner is served!