If you follow my other Blog As Days Go By you know I generally write my Wishcasting over there. But I wanted to do something different today and try it out over here. As well Today’s question goes hand in hand with Fashion and you will see why:
I wish to learn MORE about Fashion Essentials.
- I love learning
- I do know how to sew, but I am self taught with some basics in quilting and what my Grandma Hunter taught me (which was brief)
- I have always been a Fashionista, but styling and designing are two separate things.
- As I am an artist I did Fashion Illustrations for years fearing taking the leap into fashion.
- When I did try to launch things two years ago the timing was not right and I tucked my tail between my legs and ran off whimpering saying “Oh I can’t have a Fashion business because some Entrepreneurial Company that helps start ups told me so“. I don’t know what I was thinking. I rarely listen to the static so why did I listen then? Who knows, but I am listening now.
- I wanted to get back into modeling for years but felt stifled by the person I was with and their insecurities about me and about the industry. With me leaping back into modeling , it helped me look at my life and leap back into Fashion. I am EXTREMELY happy I did!!
- I now have a few people that work with me, Interns, Independent Contractor Seamstresses, and more.
- Though all of this is GREAT and WONDERFUL I have been realizing, I am missing something.
- All my Fashion Design skills and sewing skills, Analysis, Design, Buying, Merchandising etc are all self taught with maybe one or two jobs in the Fashion Industry.
- What will it take for me to REALLY be GREAT???
- I have investigated what it will take for me to go back to school.
- I have Design training but it is an overall Design Degree as well as my Liberal Arts Degree. These are great but I think I would highly benefit from learning more about some Fashion Essentials.
- I have looked at my options and the best best seems to be the local Community College here called DMACC, Des Moines Area Community College with courses in Fashion for a Fashion Degree or Certification https://go.dmacc.edu/pibs/documents/FSHNDSGN.PDF
- In the meantime I am reading up on books and classes I find online. Still learning and more self taught but at least I am able to GLEAN and LEARN this way and I feel lucky because I know many who cannot. Free Fashion Courses Online
So in essence what I wish to know more about is what I wish to create…Fashion…
What do you wish to learn? Say hi here on the blog below and while you are at it, come on down and check me out in my many places that have led me to here…
Find more about my Vintage Inspired Fashions at SensaFashion