New for SensaFashion Mad Men Monday & The Vintage Vibe. I will post a little bit about Mad Men or my new book Mad Men Fashion File (My Favorite TV Show) and something Vintage on each glorious Monday.
Many times in life we look up to people as Leading Ladies. Though I feel it is great to look up to others I love the fact that in Mad Men’s Fashion File Book it talks about being our own Leading Lady.
Rita Hayworth said
“All women have a certain elegance about them which is destroyed when they take off their clothes.”
Clothes make the women as much as they make the man. The right fit, the right style, the right colors even can make you feel like a model, a super star walking down the red carpet, or a movie star.
Here are a few steps to getting that leading lady look:
- Hair Do
- Do you hair, a stylish bandana, or ponytail with a ribbon or string can even make a difference
- Throw on some earrings or a scarf or a chunky necklace
- Think outside the box or under it, when you feel good under there I truly think you feel good everywhere
- Have at least of a couple of different styles of bags to go with outfits
- Tights, Nylons, Stockings, Thigh Highs, get them wear them, show those gams!
- It’s ok to wear men’s things. Androgony is hot right now. It’s always hot. Wear his shirt. his suit, add a vest. Then pair it with a ruffle top or something. Mix match or all boyish you choose.
- Really they are. Add tights, leg warms, boots. Tada!
- Add a heel. A heel you can walk in and feel sexy in. If you trip every time you wear it, that’s not sexy.
Each day stand in front of the mirror. Think positive about you. The you that you are RIGHT NOW. Point out the parts you do like. Find something I don’t care. Look at your clothes as an expression of yourself. If they don’t fit, get rid of them. IF they kind of fit but you just need that something, get it. Bag, hair tie, jewelry get it. Waiting until you lose weight, then set a goal. for every pound, get that item. Whatever.
A leading lady walks into the room with style and grace
A leading lady embodies the room the minute she walks in the room
A leading lady has an air of confidence
A leading lady is comfortable in her own skin
A leading lady not only captures but demands attention
A leading lady is someone worth listening to.
A leading lady has appeal
A leading lady is witty
A leading lady is effortless
Many of you know, but my favorite leading lady is none other than Audrey Hepburn. She loved Pink, Butterflies, flowers, and was fun and flirty. Yet many considered her a leading lady.